I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by Trinnah of A Style in Progress. She's one of the sweetest, most encouraging bloggers I know, and I absolutely adore her style. You should definitely check her site out.
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself so people can get to know you.
- Answer the 11 questions that the person that gave you the award asked you.
- Choose 11 people to award this to.
- Go to each blog and tell them you nominated them for the award.
- Make up 11 questions for the people you nominate to answer.
Random Facts about Me
- My son and I share the same birthday.
- I was a teacher for 2 years.
- I went natural a little over 9 years ago (before it became the thing to do). My afro was so Angela Davis/Foxy Brown!
- I prefer cheese over chocolate.
- I've worked in a steel mill for almost 5 years; steel toed boots, hard hat, and all.
- I don't wear make-up.
- I didn't own any pink clothing until about 2 years ago.
- I have a B.S. in Biology.
- I'm left-handed.
- I have 10 year old daughter and a 6 year old son.
- My favorite movie is A League of their Own.
- What is your favorite pair of shoes? I'm loving my leopard flats right now.
- What color shoes do you not own and would like to? I really need a pair of red shoes.
- What is your favorite shoe for this fall? Riding boots. I plan on wearing them with everything from skinnies to skirts.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? 37. (SHOCKING)
- How do you store your shoes? I don't have a set method of storage. Some are in the original boxes under my bed, flat sandals are in a clear storage shelf thing, boots are in big bin, and I have a shoe rack that hangs on my closet door.
- Does your significant other support your love for shoes? I'm not that big of a shoe girl (yet), so there's really no need for support.
- What’s your favorite designer / brand for shoes? I'm so in love with Tory Burch (even though she's way out of my price range).
- Are you a heels or flats girl? I love the look of a fierce pair of heels, but I'm a flats girl.
- How old were you when you first bought heels? I think I was around 16 or 17; I needed them for a military ball.
- Do you like skinny stilettos or chunky heels? I like the look of both depending on the outfit.
- How do you feel about wedges? Love, love, love! I get all of the height and style that I want without the fear of breaking my neck or looking like a baby giraffe trying to walk for the first time, lol.
- Mimi G.
- Erica B.'s D.I.Y. Style
- Cover Up Chic
- Stylish Curves
- Girl with Curves
- Penny Pincher Fashion
- I wanna be...fierce
- Kibibi Hair
My 11 Questions
- How would you describe your style?
- How do you handle trends?
- What is your favorite article of clothing?
- How has your style changed over the years?
- Statement jewelry. yay or nay?
- What fall trend are you most looking forward to wearing?
- Where do you look for fashion inspiration?
- Who is your favorite fashion icon?
- What's your no fail look?
- Do you prefer neutrals or bold colors?
- Cardigan, blazer, or jacket?